Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Tot Car

What you will need:
Art Box
Wooden Car Kit
(Found at Joann's for $1.99)



Cali loves cars, tractors, fishings, football, soccer, etc. So when I told her we were going to build our very own car she was more than excited! I opened the package and let her explore with the pieces for about 10 minutes. After the 10 mintues I directed her by using hand gestures on how to make the car. I didn't want to actaully "show" her how to put the pieces together, because I think it is very important for her to learn by gesture on how to make/build anything.


I knew she could do it! And I praised her for listening and watching my hands on how to put the wheels together!


Next I simply said "Where do the wheels go?" Of course she knew, so she placed them in the correct holes. (You will want a hammer close by to make sure the wheels are good and tight)


Next, she colored her car! I wrote her name on it, we practiced C..A..L..I. I love the way she actually says her name, its "Talvee." On this car we also drew shapes, and talked about colors. Purple is by far her favorite!


Cali very proud of her new car!!

No comments:

Post a Comment