Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Animal Face Plates

What you wil need:
Paper Plates
Colored Construction Paper
Art Box
Scissors
Glue



I told Cali that it was craft time, and she came to check out when I had in store for her on this day. She was excited to hear we were making animals! She is such an animal lover!

Get your paper plates, we made 2 animals. First turn the plate over, you want to use the back so the face will "pop" out. Have an animal in mind, and start talking about the color of the animal and give your child that color or crayon. We did a pig, so I can gave Cali a pink crayon. As she was coloring we talked about what sounds a pig makes, and where you can find pigs!

Next give you child a darker colored crayon for the eyes. I told Cali that the pigs eyes where circles that we colored in. (Circles are Cali's favorite)


Next draw with a dark crayon on the construction paper the shapes you will use for the ears, nose and mouth. As I drew the shapes, Cali told me what they were. She loves her shapes! As I was drawing the mouth, she said that I was making a moon! How awesome is it to see your child do a comparsion before your eyes! I was pretty amazed she put them together!


Glue your shapes to complete the face!

Look at how awesome her pig is! It is now frigde art, and dont forget the put their name, age, and date on the back!

Cali the pig!

We had so much fun, we decided we had to make another one. Cali said she wanted to make a dog. Follow all the steps again, and complete the face.


Cali the dog!



No comments:

Post a Comment