Saturday, March 5, 2011

Limit television time

I highly suggest you limit your baby/toddler/preschoolers television time, they need to be more engaged in learning activities and less time watching television. In our home we do not have cable. We have streaming netflix and dvd's.

If they are going to be watching a dvd, go to the the setup options and select a different language. My 2.5 year old has watched Barney in Spanish so many times she sings along with him, as well as when she is just out playing she will sing in Spanish. Introducing a foreign language to an infant/toddler is important in brain development. I feel so blessed because my husband is from Belgium, and has taught Cali all of her body parts in Flemish as well as small sayings. I am learning as she learns as well.

Tip of the day..Limit television time and select a different language while watching movies at home.

1 comment:

  1. We have no cable and use our streaming netflix and DVD's too!

    ReplyDelete